Book’s Key Features
The purpose of the book is to match up a comprehensive model view of geode and thunderegg formation to a classification and study of their structures and inclusions as shown in a substantial photo archive.
· A review of the models of thunderegg formation and their comparison.
· Key photos from thunderegg sites of the world.
· A comprehensive survey of thunderegg sites of the Western United States, Germany, and France.
· A survey of thunderegg sites from around the world including Canada, Japan, Russia, Argentina, Mexico, and Poland.
· A classification of the structures and inclusions of thundereggs, sorted by chapter.
· A detailed comparison of models of formation to specimen structures collected.
· Annotated photos showing structures and geologic deformation captured in specimens.
“An extraordinary piece of research work and classification that sets the standard for the study of lithophysae (geodes). A key reference standard.”,
Robert Paul Colburn (the “Geode Kid”), Deming, N.M.
Dolphin swimming in a sea of bubbles