A student’s Guide to the Genesis of the Lithophysae—
Geodes and Amygdules
By: Donald Kasper
This short summary work is a high-level review of the following that the author has found in studying and writing his major works on the geodes and amygdules:
· The formation of lithophysae in supercritical water conditions and what this means to their geochemistry of formation.
· 12 major rules of lithophysae genesis.
· What went wrong with the European modeling of lithophysae formation.
· The first look at the inner lining mineralization of the lithophysae and how it tells us about their formation.
· A first look at the mineral inclusions and depositional succession in the lithophysae —especially the clays.
· A precise definition of the grades of metamorphism based on water chemistry related to silica and silicate minerals is shown.
· A comparison of the lava types and the lithophysae found in them.